How a laparoscopy from your gynecologists in Bowie, Greenbelt, North Bethesda, and Largo, MD, can help you.
When you’ve been told you need surgery, it can be a scary experience. Fortunately, there is a type of surgery that can help you recover faster and easier than ever before. It’s called laparoscopy, and it’s available from your OBGYN doctor.
The OBGYN doctors at Capital Women’s Care Division 66 offer a wide variety of OBGYN, birth control, and pregnancy services including laparoscopy. They have several convenient office locations in Bowie, Greenbelt, Largo, and North Bethesda, MD, to help you.
Let’s look at some of the important benefits of laparoscopy.
- Laparoscopy is minimally invasive, which means it’s much easier on you and your body than conventional surgery
- Laparoscopy causes minimal to no scarring, which means you will be happy with your body after treatment
- Laparoscopy has less risk of infection and less blood loss than conventional surgery
- Laparoscopy has a much shorter recovery time, which means you can get back to living your life soon after treatment
- Laparoscopy is typically performed on an outpatient basis, which means no hospital stay and less expense
Laparoscopy has many important uses in the treatment of gynecological conditions. A laparoscope can be used for:
- A hysterectomy, to remove ovaries, the uterus, and other reproductive structures
- A laparoscopy, to view and remove ovarian growths or polyps
- A hysteroscopy, to view and remove uterine fibroids and polyps
- Treating endometriosis, to remove endometrial tissue and reduce bleeding and cramping with endometrial ablation
Laparoscopy offers many important benefits to help you and your body heal faster and feel better. If you need surgery, consider laparoscopic surgery to help you on the road to a healthy, active life.
To learn more about laparoscopy, birth control, pregnancy, and other OBGYN services, call the OBGYN doctors at Capital Women’s Care Division 66. You can reach them in any of their offices in Bowie, Greenbelt, Largo, and North Bethesda, MD, by calling (301) 249-4090, so call now.