Scheduling routine gynecologic checkups annually is important for your health and wellness. These appointments include pelvic and breast exams, which help aid in the early detection of various diseases such as HPV and breast cancer when they are easier to treat. At Capital Women's Care Division 66 in Bowie, Greenbelt, North Bethesda, and Largo, MD, our OBGNY team can help you stay healthy with annual wellness exams that include essential health screenings and other services.
At our medical offices in the Bowie, Greenbelt, North Bethesda, and Largo, MD, areas, our OBGNY providers care about your overall health and wellness and offer a wide range of gynecological services to promote better health. Our services include:
- Pap smears
- Breast and pelvic exams
- HPV screening
- STD testing and treatment
- Treatment for irregular menstruation
- Menopause counseling and symptom management
- Osteoporosis screening and treatment
- Contraceptive counseling and birth control
- Preconception counseling
We also perform several types of laparoscopy procedures for the treatment of common reproductive conditions. Laparoscopic surgeries are minimally invasive and can be performed as outpatient procedures so you can return home the same day. The types of laparoscopic procedures we perform include:
- Laparoscopy: A laparoscope with a small camera on the end is used to remove ovarian growths or the ovaries. It can also be used to treat endometriosis, a condition in which tissue normally lining the uterus grows outside of the uterus instead.
- Hysteroscopy: Removal of polyps or fibroids from the uterus using a laparoscope with camera.
- Hysterectomy: Removal of the uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes.
- Endometrial ablation: A procedure for removing the endometrial lining for patients experiencing unusually heavy menstrual bleeding.
Benefits of Annual Gynecological Wellness Exams
There are several benefits to having a gynecological wellness exam annually. Annual exams promote better health and wellness. The various screenings performed at these checkups help with the early detection of different types of cancer, as well as other health conditions.
Another benefit of regular gynecological wellness exams is that they allow your OBGYN provider to monitor your health and help you take steps to prevent certain issues from developing. For instance, as you get older the doctor can talk to you about menopause and how to manage symptoms. The doctor can also provide recommendations for reducing your risk of developing osteoporosis as hormone levels decline with menopause.
Annual wellness exams help you maintain better health. To schedule an appointment with an OBGYN in our Bowie, Greenbelt, North Bethesda, or Largo, MD, area offices, call Capital Women's Care Division 66 at (301) 249-4090.